We support your
online & distance courses.
Rogers Library is proud to support the information needs of our growing distance education population.
We have a variety of information sources for the distance education student and offer multiple services to support instructors.
Please feel free to contact us at anytime with questions or comments.
- Journal, magazine, and newspaper articles. We have over 100 databases, and most databases include full text articles. Use our subject guides to find databases suggested for your subject area.
- Reference books. We subscribe to numerous electronic reference sources; start here.
- Books. We have hundreds of electronic books available for you to view online or checkout & download to a portable reading device. Just limit your search of our catalog to “Electronic Books."
- Interlibrary loan of articles. Need an article that we don’t have access to electronically? Place an interlibrary loan request, and we will try to get it from another library. Just be sure to let us know that you are a distance education student so we know to email or fax the article to you when it arrives.
- Subject guides. We can create customized research guides for a subject area or for specific class assignments. These guides introduce the student to our electronic library resources and currated web resources. View examples here.
- Video tutorials. We can create video guides about using our resources or conducting research in a specific subject area. View examples here.
- Synchronous visits. We can visit your class live through Blackboard Collaborate. Request.
- Asynchronous visits. We can visit your class by moderating & responding to discussion boards. Request.
- Blackboard modules. We have a few Blackboard test modules available for download, and we are always glad to create a custom test or training module. More info.
- Relevant scholarly resources in electronic form. We offer a wide variety of ebooks and electronic article databases. Is there a resource that you think we should have? Just place a request here.